- Candidates must have completed at least 24 WSU semester credits by Fall 2016.
- Work-study is preferred.
- Strongest candidates will be actively engaged in the WSU community.
- Candidates must be comfortable communicating with the public.
- Candidates should have a minimum 2.5 WSU cumulative grade point average.
- Campus tour guides for prospective Native student groups.
- Join Native Outreach Coordinator in representing WSU at college fairs, school visits, and community events.
- Contacting prospective Native students to answer questions.
- Assist in planning prospective student events including EXCEL, Native Youth Sports Summit.
- Student panelists for Future Cougs of Color and other visitation events.
Criteria Selection Committee Considers
- Academic strength: Students who can take on the ambassador responsibilities without affecting their academic standing.
- Involvement in Native Programs/university activities: We are looking for students who are engaged in the Native community and university in some way (clubs, community service, etc.) and who demonstrate a desire to improve the recruitment and retention of Native students at WSU.
- Ability to communicate and work well with others.
- Personality: The ability to connect with others. Not every ambassador has the same personality traits and strengths – and that’s okay!
What are the benefits of being a Student Ambassador?
- Development of leadership, public speaking, and presentation skills
- Experience working with campus staff, administration, faculty, prospective students, parents and community members.
- Leadership experience for your résumé
- Earn money while going to school
What are the time and availability commitments of a Student Ambassador?
- Student Ambassadors must be available to work 8-10 hours a week during the fall and spring semesters. Summers may be a possibility.
- Evening and weekend hours are required.
- Complete the Student Ambassador application form
- Provide short (100-200 word) answers to personal statement questions
- Provide resume or curriculum vitae.
DEADLINE: We will be hiring for Fall 2018 in August