- Applicant must be an enrolled member or descendant of one of the following tribes: Coeur d’Alene Tribe, Colville Confederated Tribes, The Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes of the Flathead Reservation, Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation, Kalispel Tribe, Klamath Tribe, Kootenai Tribe of Idaho, Nez Perce Tribe, Spokane Tribe of Indians, Yakama Indian Nation; OR show proof of ancestry from a tribe or tribes known as Plateau Salishan, Sahaptian, or Kootenai. Members of the Confederated Tribes of the Warm Springs and of the Cowlitz Tribe who are of Sahaptian speaking descent are also eligible to apply with documentation verifying their Sahaptian ancestry.
- High school applicant must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75.
- Transfer and current undergraduate WSU student applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5.
- Graduate student applicants must have been accepted to graduate school. Current graduate students must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Undergraduate recipient must enroll for a minimum of six credit hours per semester (five credit hours per semester if graduate student).
- Financial need, academic performance, and essay statement will determine selection. Preference given to students pursuing undergraduate degrees and to students pursuing a field of study within the College of Arts and Science.
Amount and number of awards may vary. For consideration for renewal, recipients must complete a student profile as requested each year, maintain the required GPA and complete the required minimum credits as defined in their award letter.