COVID-19 Update (2/8/2021)
Native American Programs (NAP) are dedicated to serving students and recognize the variety of needs our students have. Our office has decided to open for limited hours and for limited services only. These services include printing, internet usage, and grab and go snack bags. The center is not to be used a student lounge or “hang out” space. Exterior doors to Cleveland Hall will be locked. Therefore, students must arrange a time with Joelle or Steven in advance via email or phone to be let into the building to use services.
NAP staff will be available via Zoom or phone for individual meetings with students as requested/needed. Our program will be putting on virtual programing throughout the semester. We hope you can join us virtually! Additionally, our mentors will be holding weekly virtual office hours to provide consistent assistance and social engagement. Please refer to the following document for their weekly virtual office hours and zoom link. We encourage you to follow us on social media to receive the most up to date information.
To be noted:
- All students must email or show the staff your daily attestation form before utilizing services
- All students must follow physical distancing rules and wear a face mask while in the center
- All visits will be recorded for tracking purposes
- Students will be asked to sanitize areas that were used during their time in the center
The Native American Student Center provides the following services:
- Academic and personal advising
- Student announcements and notices list service
- Scholarship information, internships, job opportunities, workshops, campus events, deadlines, tribal issue events and information, and more!
- Cultural and social events
- Monthly dinners, First Friday Feed luncheons, movie nights, guest speakers, cultural crafts, and more!
- Multicultural Student Mentoring Program
- Student advocacy and support
- Scholarship and financial aid assistance
- Computer access
- Internet access
- Free academic tutoring in partnership with Multicultural Student Services and other departments.
- Educational and personal development workshops
- Referrals to campus and community support
- Connection to student organizations and events
- A safe, inviting place to relax, study and network
- A community of support!
Native American Student Center
Cleveland Hall 21B